The mission of the Counseling Department is to promote and enhance the learning process. To this end, the counseling staff offers a wide range of programs and services designed to facilitate student growth in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development.
Students meet with counselors to discuss concerns in an atmosphere of confidentiality. Appointments are scheduled at a time convenient for students and least disruptive to the educational program. Students can sign-up in the Counseling Office for an appointment with their counselor.
The MNHS Counseling Department offers a variety of programs:
- Academic counseling, course planning and course selection
- Individual and group counseling
- Post-high school planning
- Career counseling and information
- Parent and teacher communication and conferences
- Achievement and college admissions testing
- Vocational interests
- Computer-assisted counseling information
- Referral services to outside agencies
In addition, our guidance counselors oversee the Course Selection process. Each spring students/parents are given an opportunity to select courses for the following school year.
Four Year Counseling Curriculum
- Seniors: Finalize post-high school plan, college/technical school/job applications, Senior Project.
- Juniors: Career initiative, post-high school planning, interviews.
- Sophomores: Career interests and College Board online access.
- Freshmen: High school orientation and 4-year high school plan.