Career and Technical Education (formerly known as Vo-tech)
Students from the Marple Newtown High School have the opportunity to enhance their education with career and technical experiences directly connected to the real work. Each year, the Delaware County Technical Schools (DCTS) partners with members of the business and industry community to review and update career and technical education programs to ensure that they are current and relevant to today’s needs and technologies.
Students attend our high school for half of the day and the other half is spent at DCTS. Students can still participate in sports and other after school activities. There are many programs offered at both campuses (Aston or Folcroft) of the DCTS. Currently the DCTS have agreements with post-secondary schools to enable students to apply for articulated credits upon graduation. Some programs offer up to 12 college credits.
Certain programs at DCTS could begin as early as 10th grade. Please see you Guidance Counselor if you have questions.
Program offerings at DCTS:
Engineering & Computer Science
- Apple Systems & Design
- Engineering Technologies
- Advertising Design & Commericial Art
- Computer Networking & Digital Forensics
Health & Biosciences
- Health Sciences
- Medical Careers (12th Grade only)
- Dental Technology
- Emergency & Protective Services
- Exercise Therapy & Sports Science
- Building Trades
- Electrical Construction Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning
Hospitality, Tourism & Human Services
- Culinary Arts & Hospitality
- Early Childhood Education
- Culinary Arts & Food Service Management
Logistics, Distribution & Transportation
- Automotive Technology
- Collision Repair Technology
- Logistics & Inventory Management
Please visit the following website for a list of programs and further information: www.delcotech.org.