Band & Orchestra Weekly Announcements:
Week of 4/23 - BAND CONCERT WEEK!
- The Band Spring Concert is slated for this Thursday, April 26th at 7 PM in the Paxon Hollow Middle School Auditorium. All students are to report by 6:15 PM. Students are to wear their orange Tiger Music Polo, black dress pants, black socks, and black dress shoes (marching shoes are acceptable).
- The Spring Concerts for both Band and Orchestra are coming up fast! Please see below for the dress rehearsal schedule. Please remind your child that all 9th period rehearsals are mandatory, especially now that we are coming up on the concerts.
- The 7th/8th Grade String Fest will take place this Friday, April 27th, and is hosted by Phoenixville Area Middle School. Students who were selected to attend must arrive at Paxon Hollow by 7:00 AM Friday morning.
- All performing groups (bands and orchestra) will now be performing at the Concert in the Park event on Saturday, May 19th. Mr. Olimpi, the HS Orchestra Director and Assistant Band Director, will be covering for Mr. Marmelstein that evening. The event is from 5:00 until 9:00 PM in the MNHS Gymnasium. Specific group performance times are TBD at this time. Once your child has finished performing with his or her final group of the night, he or she will be dismissed. Parent volunteers (with clearances) are needed to ensure a smooth and safe experience for all students; if you are interested in volunteering, please email Mr. Marmelstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dorney Park forms and payments were due by Friday, April 13th. If your child is attending the trip, and they have not yet turned in forms or payment, please have them turn those in as soon as possible. A copy of the Dorney Park packet for band and orchestra students can be found here.
- For all Dorney Park Chaperones (and those considering being a chaperone): Thank you very much for your interest in assisting us for our annual adjudication trip! In order to comply with district policy regarding students safety, all chaperones must have clearances and background checks on file with the school. Clearances include the PA State Police Background Check, the PA Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprinting, the MNSD Volunteer Application, the MNSD Volunteer Affidavit, and the Act 24 disclosure form. More information can be found on the Volunteer Instructions page (see linke below):
This Week's 9th Period Rehearsals:
- Monday: 7th Grade Band
- Tuesday: 8th Grade Band
- Wednesday: String Orchestra
- Thursday: 6th Grade Band
- Friday: No Rehearsals
This Week's Letter Day Schedule:
- Monday: B Day (Woodwinds and Brass)
- Tuesday: C Day (Strings and Percussion)
- Wednesday: D Day (Strings and Percussion)
- Thursday: E Day
- Friday: F Day
- Monday, April 23rd: 8th Grade Band Dress Rehearsal - 6:30-8:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 24th: 6th Grade Band Dress Rehearsal - 3:00-4:45 PM
- Tuesday, April 24th: 7th Grade Band Dress Rehearsal - 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thursday, April 26th: Band Spring Concert - 7:00 PM
- Friday, April 27th: Jazz Festival @ Springton Lake Middle School - Performance time 9:20 PM
- Wednesday, May 16th: Orchestra Dress Rehearsal - 6:30-8:00 PM
- Thursday, May 17th: Orchestra Spring Concert - 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 19th: Concert in the Park at MNHS (Performance Times TBD)
Follow us @phmsmusicdept for news and updates regarding PHMS music happenings!
CHARMS Login Information
School Code: "phmsmusic"
Password: Student ID
Check charms regularly for daily rehearsal, and lesson schedules, as well as all rehearsals and performances throughout the year!