Peek of the Week
Hello, this is the Paxon Hollow Peek of the Week for May 13, 2018
- PHMS has a unique opportunity to partner with our local chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association to help send local kids to summer camp. MDA’s mission is to lead the fight to free individual, and the families who love them, from the harm of Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, and over 40 related diseases that take away physical strength and independence. Together, with donor support, they are helping kids and adults live longer and grow stronger. For the rest of the month of May, our students will have a chance to donate to MDA during their lunch period. A donor form is also included in the email version of this message and can be found on our website on the Parent Resource page.
- On Tuesday, May 15th, school will be closed.
- Wednesday, May 16th, Student Council will hold a meeting in room 100 at 7:20 a.m. for only the 7th grade candidates for officer positions and current 8th grade officers.
- Wednesday, May 16th will be the Renaissance trip to the Blue Rocks. Please remember to wear your Potter Cup t-shirt or Marple Newtown attire and bring money for food.
- Wednesday, May 16th will be an Advisory Day.
- Thursday, May 17th is our annual Evening of the Arts. Please join us for an evening of celebrating the accomplishments of our students in the areas of art and music.
- The art show begins at 6:15 p.m. 7th and 8th grade artwork is displayed in the main lobby, and the 6th grade art show is located in the hallway outside of the library.
- The music concert begins at 7:00 p.m. and will feature our choirs and orchestras. We look forward to seeing many of you and your families.
- We will be having a Scholastic Book Fair May 14th - 18th. It will have a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for a variety of reading levels. It will also include titles from our summer reading list. Students will visit with their ELA class during the week.
- The fair will also be open Thursday evening during the Art Show. We hope to see you there!
- You may also purchase books online from now through 22nd by going to www.scholastic.com/bf/paxonhollow. Any items purchased online will be delivered to the school and sent home with your student.
- We are midway through the 4th marking period and parents are encouraged to check Infinite Campus for grades as well as make sure your child’s attendance is accurate. If you have any questions regarding grades please contact your child’s teacher. Attendance questions should be directed to the attendance secretary.
Athletic Announcements Include:
- This is the last week for spring sports. Please check Digitalsports.com for any updates to the games schedule.
PTO Announcements Include:
- There will be a PTO meeting Monday, May 14th 7:00 p.m. in the library.
- The PTO is selling This is Tiger Country signs, which are available for $15. Order forms can be found on our website on the Parent Resource page and are due Monday, June 4th.
We look forward to seeing you in school tomorrow for E day.