Russell has selected Sophie Martin as our Teacher of Excellence!
Mrs. Martin teaches the gifted students at Russell and is excellent in that role. She creates lessons that are fun, challenging, and engaging. As a result, she is adored by her students. But Mrs. Martin has extended herself beyond just her gifted caseload. During her time at Russell, she has been a part of the RTII program, taught the accelerated 5th grade math class before the start of the school day, added a 3rd grade accelerated math class to her schedule, entered students in STEM competitions, and established and led an after school robotics club. As a result of her willingness to get involved, she has made a positive contribution to many students at Russell Elementary School.
Sophie was chosen using the following...
- Established a criteria with a panel consisting of the 8 former winners from Russell.
- Opened up the voting to the staff and encouraged people to consider all professional staff as potential candidates.
- Received votes for 16 different staff members.
- 5 staff members received 3 or more votes.
- 1 Winner was selected……Sophie Martin
Congratulations Mrs. Martin!