PAXON HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
815 PAXON HOLLOW ROAD
BROOMALL, PA 19008
“THE SCHOOL THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE”
“THE HOME OF THE FIGHTING TIGERS”
An Exemplary Curriculum
* Advanced Programs in Science, Mathematics, Language Arts, Social Studies, and Foreign Language
* Integrated Language Arts
* Social Studies
* “Smart Boards” – All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards using standards based software enhancing the learning experience for all students.
* Art – Students are exposed to many different styles, themes, and techniques.
* Music – Studies focus on the elements, styles, and history of music.
* Physical Education – Within this curriculum, students are exposed to health, wellness, DARE, rock climbing, biking, line dancing, circuit training, weight training, as well as many other fun activities.
* Technology – Within our technology department, students are exposed to production and design activities, computer training modules, drafting, woodworking, and many other activities.
* Family and Consumer Sciences – Studies focus on sewing, cooking, types of fabric, nutrition and safety within the kitchen.
* Computers – studies focus on strengths and weaknesses of technology, word processing, database, keyboarding, ways of using the Internet, and other areas.
* Foreign Language – students are exposed to French and Spanish
* Career Awareness – students are exposed to various occupations based on their skills, abilities, and interests.
* Student Council
* Athletic Council
* Educational Field Trips
* Instrumental Music
* Tiger TV
* Talent Shows
* School Newspaper
* Child Safety Programs
* Art Show
* Spelling Bees
* Oratorical Competition
* Essay Contest
* Geography Olympiad
* Mural Club
* Student of the Month
* Author Day & Writers’ Workshop
Where We Excel
* Awarded the Don Eichorn Outstanding Middle School Award in 2006
* Potter Cup – An all-school event created to raise school spirit has grown substantially and has raised over $300,000 for pediatric cancer research in the name of Alex’s Lemonade Stand since 2005.
* “Cool to be Kind” – students are recognized monthly for being kind to others.
* A strong academic program evidenced by standardized test scores over and above the national averages.
* An active PTO that offers our school continued support and raises funds for the betterment of our school.
* A nurturing environment fostered by the dedication of our faculty who are committed to the continued growth our students.
* A commitment to the community as evidenced by our many fundraising activities to support worthy causes.
* Student Assistance Program (SAP)
Sports’ Program (7th and 8th grade)
* Field Hockey
* Girls’ and Boys’ Soccer
* Girls’ and Boys’ Basketball
* Girls’ and Boys’ Lacrosse
* Girls’ and Boys’ track
* Cross Country
* Back to School Night
* National Education Week Visitation days
* Potter Cup
* Lemonade Bowl
* March Madness
* Dodge Ball
* Turkey Trot
* Pi Day
* Spring Concert
* Winter Concert
* One Act Plays
Dr. Stephen Subers, Principal 610-359-4320
Mrs. Tracy Baker, Secretary
Mr. Matthew Flood, Assistant Principal 610-359-4325
Mr. Thomas J. Gretchen, Assistant Principal / Athletic Director 610-359-4325
Mrs. Rose Vannicolo, Secretary to the Assistant Principals
Mrs. Amy Townsend, Attendance Secretary 610-359-4320
Mrs. Kathy Fernandez, Guidance Secretary 610-359-4326
Ms. Tara Baselice, Counselor 610-359-4324
Mr. Andrew Davis 610-359-4327
Mrs. Linda Wigo, Counselor 610-359-4328