The Renaissance Program was established to empower students, educators, administrators, parents, businesses, and community organizations in promoting student achievement, increasing community involvement, and recognizing success among our students and faculty. It is an incentive-based program that provides privileges to those students who demonstrate achievement in the areas of academic achievement, school attendance, and citizenship. Renaissance members earn the privilege of participating in trips, assemblies, and/or celebrations.
Renaissance membership requirements are comprehensive as students must meet all criteria. Further explanation regarding attendance categories, discipline code, and a school-sponsored club, music program, or sport per can be found in this school agenda.
- No more than three (3) excused absences per quarter (zero unexcused)
- Absences include all sick days, as well as approved family educational trips.
- Absences, which include sickness resulting in consecutive days, may be handled on an individual basis as well as require a doctor’s note.
- Absences can be monitored on Infinite Campus at all times. Therefore, it is the student’s and parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to make sure an absent note is presented, either by paper copy or electronically, within the designated three (3) days upon returning to school. In this case, the absence becomes unexcused thus eliminating a student from meeting the eligibility requirement.
- No more than three (3) tardies per quarter
- More than two (2) unexcused tardies will result in a discipline referral, thus eliminating a student from meeting the eligibility requirement.
- No more than (3) early dismissals per quarter
- No discipline referrals
- Grades B- or higher
- Black Card = no grade lower than a A- in that quarter
- Orange Card = no grade lower than a B- in that quarter
- Active participation in a school-sponsored club, music program, or sport per quarter
Mrs. Eileen Doyle, email@example.com
Mrs. Michele Lunn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs, Linda Wigo, email@example.com