School registration for students transferring from a PRIVATE KINDERGARTEN to a Marple Newtown School District FIRST GRADE and all NEW registrations for school year 2017-2018, will be held at the Administration Building in the Registration Office of Mrs. Teri Werner starting Monday, March 20, 2017.
Please call 610-359-4260 to schedule an appointment. Appointments are only scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 9AM to 12 PM. Registration information and blank forms are available at www.mnsd.org under the Quick Links section (Student Registration).
Children who will be six years old on or before the first day of school are eligible and should be registered.
Parents may not register their children without the following:
1. Proof of immunization including:
- 4 doses of tetanus and diphtheria - with one on or after the 4th birthday
- 2 doses of measles and mumps
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles)
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or history of disease
Children ENTERING 7th grade also need the following:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
2. The child’s government issued birth certificate or Passport.
3. Proof of residence in Marple or Newtown Township. Residency is
demonstrated by presenting a deed, real estate tax bill, bill of sale or a lease, and two other forms of identification such as a current PECO or cable bill. No other documents will be accepted.
4. Valid driver’s license.
We will provide information for each registrant as we welcome our new students to the Marple Newtown School District.