Welcome to the Marple Newtown School District. We want to do everything possible to make the registration process efficient and productive. There is certain information needed for new students, and we must ask you to complete several forms. Some of this information may have been collected elsewhere for your child, but unless you brought the school records with you to the Registration Office, we will need the information in order to make the registration complete. Although the school will be requesting your child’s records from the previous school, we do not always get all the information in a timely manner. We appreciate your cooperation.
When you have completed or obtained all necessary documentation, PLEASE CALL 610-359-4260 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT in the Registration Office to register your child. Appointments are only scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 9 a.m. until noon (12:00 p.m.). The appointment should take 5-10 minutes per child. Your child should be able to start school two (2) school days after all the necessary documents have been finalized.
The following items are required for all students: (Please click form name to download.)
Change of Address
Students permitted to attend in accordance with this subsection are not entitled as a matter of right to such attendance and are dismissible at will by the Board.
When a resident of the school district keeps in his/her home a child of school age not his/her own and requests registration of such child, the resident will be required to provide proof of legal guardianship at the time of registration. A copy of completed IRS form transferring tax exemption of child to resident, or a copy of Federal or State tax form which lists child as a dependent of the resident, or copy of completed County form transferring child support payments to resident.
The Parent or legal guardian must present ALL of the following documents at the time of registration. The student’s registration will be considered incomplete until all the documents are presented. The parent/guardian must personally complete the registration process at the Registration Office.
Parent/Guardian Proof of Residency:
There is certain information needed for all students, and we must ask you to complete several forms for your change of address. Some of this information may have been collected elsewhere for your child, however, unless you brought the records with you to the Registration Office, we will need the information again in order to make the process complete. We appreciate your cooperation.
When you have completed or obtained all necessary documentation, please call (610) 359-4260 to schedule an appointment in the Registration Office. Appointments are only scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 9 a.m. until noon (12:00 p.m.). The appointment should only take 5-10 minutes. Your change will be entered into the computer within two (2) school days after all the necessary documents have been submitted.
The following items must be completed for the change of address process to be finalized:
Google Sign In
MNSD Employee Portal
My Learning Plan
Safe Schools Training
School Dude (Requestors)
1. Google Classroom - Classroom is a new tool in Google Apps for Education that helps teachers create and organize assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and easily communicate with their classes. Classroom helps students organize their work in Google Drive, complete and turn it in, and communicate directly with their teachers and peers.
2. Class Dojo - ClassDojo helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators.
3. Google Keep - Quickly capture what's on your mind and share those thoughts with friends and family. Speak a voice memo on the go and have it automatically transcribed. Grab a photo of a poster, receipt or document and easily find it later in search.
4. Socrative Teacher - Engage, assess and personalize your class with Socrative!Educators can initiate formative assessments through quizzes, quick question polls, exit tickets and space races all with their Socrative Chrome app. Socrative will instantly grade, aggregate and provide visuals of results to help you identify opportunities for further instruction.
5. RealtimeBoard: Whiteboard for Collaboration - RealtimeBoard is your online whiteboard for visual team collaboration. Add pictures, mockups, drawings, videos, sticky notes, office documents and Google Drive files on an endless canvas, discuss it with your colleagues, and enjoy the smoothest real time visual collaboration without emails.
6. Edpuzzle - EDpuzzle empowers teachers to make any video your lesson. Crop a video, explain it with your own voice and embed quizzes at any time
7. EasyBib - Online bibliography management and information literacy platform
8. Quizlet - Quizlet makes simple tools that let you study anything, for free
9. TeacherTube - Our goal is to provide an online community for sharing instructional videos. We seek to fill a need for a more educationally focused, safe venue for teachers, schools, and home learners. It is a site to provide anytime, anywhere professional development with teachers teaching teachers. As well, it is a site where teachers can post videos designed for students to view in order to learn a concept or skill.
10. IXL - Engaging, adaptive K-12 math and language arts practice. Discover the joy of learning with IXL!
11. Fluency Tutor for Google - Fluency Tutor® for Google™ helps busy teachers bring struggling readers up to speed.
12. Classkick - With Classkick, students work on assignments with their Chromebooks, laptops, or iPads, while getting help from teachers and peers instantly. Teachers create assignments, see all their students’ work in real-time, and give LOTS of student feedback. Best of all, students can help each other anonymously.
13. KineMan - The ultimate 3D reference for human skeletal anatomy, kinesiology, and joint biomechanics, allows YOU to move the joints! Observe orthopaedic motions for 39 different joints, each with 1 to 3 axes of motion. Joint behaviors are biomechanically-realistic, by use of motion parameters (rotation axes & ranges of motion) obtained from research literature and authoritative texts.
14. Desmos Graphing Calculator - Advanced graphing calculator that runs via the web. It's for anyone looking to do advanced mathematics or graphing equations on a Chromebook or in a browser window.
15. Grammarly - Extension that checks for hundreds of common grammar mistakes. It's for everyone because who wouldn't wan their writing to have proper grammar?